The Cloud's Privacy and Cookies Notice
This privacy notice applies to the way we, The Cloud, use your personal information related to our provision to you of wireless internet access, website and other services (the "Services"). The Cloud is a British Sky Broadcasting Group company.
Any member of the British Sky Broadcasting group may use and share, within that group, the information you provide and other information it holds about you for the purposes set out below.
The following is information we may hold about you.
- Information you have given us, including on our web pages.
- Information about our Services you've accessed or used.
- Information provided by other organisations who have your permission to share information about you.
- Information we collect using cookies stored on and collected from your devices. For more information on cookies and how to manage them, please see our section on cookies.
- Your IP address (this is a number that identifies a specific network device on the internet and is needed for your devices to communicate with web pages).
- Technical details about your computer or access devices.
- The times and dates of your access to and use of our Services.
- The locations of your access to and use of our Services.
How we may use your information
As well as using your information to provide you with the Services you have asked for and to generally manage your relationship with us and the activity across our network, we may also use your information in the following ways:
- We may monitor and improve our Services
- We may use it for market research.
- We may also need to use it to pass to others so we can keep to any legal or regulatory requirements; to protect or enforce our rights or the rights of any third party; in the detection and prevention of fraud and other crimes; and for the purpose of protecting national security.
- We may pass your information to anyone who takes over our business for them to use for the purposes set out in this privacy notice.
- We may send you marketing information (this may include communications by post, telephone, email, push notifications, SMS/MMS, or other means) about Cloud's, Sky's and our business partners' products and services, events and special offers, including for a reasonable time after you stop being our customer.
- We may provide your personal data to site owners of the locations at which you access our Services so that they can contact you about products or services they offer;
- We may provide your personal data to specially selected partners so they can contact you about the products or services they offer;
- We may pass information about you and your use of the Services, including, but not limited to how you conduct your account to selected third parties (including our advertising partners) to help them deliver adverts relevant to you.
- We may provide you with tailored advertising, to make some of the communications and information you see whilst using the internet more relevant to you.
- We may receive information from Sky, our advertising partners, or other business partners (including our service providers) that helps us (or them) to deliver information relevant to you, understand online activity and generally improve our Services. For example, an advertising partner may provide us with information about you like how you responded to an advert both on our Services, or when using other services, to measure the effectiveness and improve the quality of adverts.
- We may use your data or provide your data to our selected partners to provide you with features and services, for example, telling you about products and services available from us, Sky, or our business partners which may be of interest to you, based on your location. We keep your information until it is no longer useful to provide you services.
- We, Sky, and our advertising partners may provide you with tailored information whilst you use ours and other parties' services.
- Your use of the Services is reliant on you providing us with authorisation for the use of your information as set out in this notice. If you withdraw your authorisation, from us at any time, we will remove access to the Service until you refresh your consent.
You can choose not to receive marketing information and the Services from the Cloud by writing to Data Protection Compliance Officer, Third Floor, Victoria Square, St Albans, AL1 3TF.
You can also choose not to receive marketing information and the Services via the 'unsubscribe' link in marketing communications we send you.
- Any choices you make will be held separately from any marketing preferences you may have given to Sky and any of its Affiliates.
- If you are a Sky broadband customer and you wish to choose not to receive marketing information from Sky you can do so by calling Sky on 08442 414141 or via your MySky account. You can also choose not to receive marketing by clicking on the 'unsubscribe' link in communications Sky sends you.
If you have any questions or comments about this privacy notice or if you want a copy of the information we hold about you, send your request to:
Sky Subscriber Services Ltd
PO Box 43
Please make sure you tell us about any updates, amendments and corrections to your information by contacting us at email@example.com. Please note that "re-registering" your account in "offline mode" will not update the records The Cloud already holds about you. Please also be aware that if you do not screen, clean or otherwise de-activate devices from your The Cloud account before you sell them or allow others to use them, another person's use of The Cloud Services via those devices may be associated with your The Cloud account. More advice on keeping your data and devices secure can be found on Sky's help pages at http://help.sky.com/