The Cloud's Privacy and Cookies Notice
This privacy notice applies to the way we, The Cloud, use your
personal information related to our provision to you of wireless
internet access, website and other services (the "Services"). The
Cloud is a British Sky Broadcasting Group company.
Any member of the British Sky Broadcasting group may use and
share, within that group, the information you provide and other
information it holds about you for the purposes set out below.
When you create or log in to an account you agree to our privacy
and cookies notice. Otherwise, by continuing to use our Services
For more information, see the section on
The following is information we may hold about you.
- Information you have given us, including on our web pages.
- Information about our Services you've accessed or used.
- Information provided by other organisations who have your
permission to share information about you.
- Information we collect using cookies stored on and collected
from your devices. For more information on cookies and how to
manage them, please see our section on cookies.
- Your IP address (this is a number that identifies a specific
network device on the internet and is needed for your devices to
communicate with web pages).
- Technical details about your computer or access devices.
- The times and dates of your access to and use of our
- The locations of your access to and use of our Services.
How we may use your information
As well as using your information to provide you with the
Services you have asked for and to generally manage your
relationship with us and the activity across our network, we may
also use your information in the following ways:
- We may monitor and improve our Services
- We may use it for market research.
- We may also need to use it to pass to others so we can keep to
any legal or regulatory requirements; to protect or enforce our
rights or the rights of any third party; in the detection and
prevention of fraud and other crimes; and for the purpose of
protecting national security.
- We may pass your information to anyone who takes over our
business for them to use for the purposes set out in this privacy
- We may send you marketing information (this may include
communications by post, telephone, email, push notifications,
SMS/MMS, or other means) about Cloud's, Sky's and our business
partners' products and services, events and special offers,
including for a reasonable time after you stop being our
- We may provide your personal data to site owners of the
locations at which you access our Services so that they can contact
you about products or services they offer;
- We may provide your personal data to specially selected
partners so they can contact you about the products or services
- We may pass information about you and your use of the Services,
including, but not limited to how you conduct your account to
selected third parties (including our advertising partners) to help
them deliver adverts relevant to you.
- We may provide you with tailored advertising, to make some of
the communications and information you see whilst using the
internet more relevant to you.
- We may receive information from Sky, our advertising partners,
or other business partners (including our service providers) that
helps us (or them) to deliver information relevant to you,
understand online activity and generally improve our
Services. For example, an advertising partner may provide us
with information about you like how you responded to an advert both
on our Services, or when using other services, to measure the
effectiveness and improve the quality of adverts.
- We may use your data or provide your data to our selected
partners to provide you with features and services, for example,
telling you about products and services available from us, Sky, or
our business partners which may be of interest to you, based on
your location. We keep your information until it is no longer
useful to provide you services.
- We, Sky, and our advertising partners may provide you with
tailored information whilst you use ours and other parties'
- Your use of the Services is reliant on you providing us with
authorisation for the use of your information as set out in this
notice. If you withdraw your authorisation, from us at any time, we
will remove access to the Service until you refresh your
You can choose not to receive
marketing information and the Services from the Cloud by writing to
Data Protection Compliance Officer, Third Floor, Victoria Square,
St Albans, AL1 3TF.
You can also choose not to receive
marketing information and the Services via the 'unsubscribe' link
in marketing communications we send you.
- Any choices you make will be held separately from any marketing
preferences you may have given to Sky and any of its
- If you are a Sky broadband customer and you wish to choose not
to receive marketing information from Sky you can do so by calling
Sky on 08442 414141 or via your MySky account. You can also choose
not to receive marketing by clicking on the 'unsubscribe' link in
communications Sky sends you.
If you have any questions or comments about this privacy notice
or if you want a copy of the information we hold about you, send
your request to:
Sky Subscriber Services Ltd
PO Box 43
Please make sure you tell us about any updates, amendments and
corrections to your information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please
note that "re-registering" your account in "offline mode" will not
update the records The Cloud already holds about you. Please also
be aware that if you do not screen, clean or otherwise de-activate
devices from your The Cloud account before you sell them or allow
others to use them, another person's use of The Cloud Services via
those devices may be associated with your The Cloud account. More
advice on keeping your data and devices secure can be found on
Sky's help pages at
Cookies notice pre 09 June 2014.
and Cookies notice pre 20 January 2014.