Rush hair to install WiFi across all its salons with The Cloud
: RUSH Hair, one of the most successful hair and beauty groups in the UK, is to become the first UK salon chain to offer free WiFi to customers after signing a deal with WiFi provider The Cloud to cover all of its 66 salons across London and the South. This summer, RUSH Hair customers will not only enjoy the highest standard of pampering, but they will be able to use the free WiFi service on their smartphones and tablet computers to pass the time during appointments.
RUSH Hair customers will have the option to turn down the standard fashion magazine and connect to the internet to keep up with the latest gossip on their social networks or watch videos on YouTube or Sky Go while they are preened to perfection by RUSH’s award-winning staff.
International Creative Director Stelios Andrew at RUSH Hair, said: “Our belief has always been in providing the highest standards in hairdressing and beauty with exceptional customer service, which has played a major role in us winning 12 British Hairdressing Awards. When a customer sets foot in one of our salons they have a wide array of styles and treatments from expert stylists and beauticians to choose from, and now they can also choose to connect to our WiFi and surf the web while we look after them. We feel this really adds to the superb experience we offer our customers and we’re looking forward to seeing our customers connecting to and benefiting from the service.”
Vince Russell, Managing Director of The Cloud, said: “We’re delighted to bring our expertise for fast reliable WiFi to enhance RUSH’s award winning customer service. What better environment for WiFi than a salon? It is the perfect place for people to sit and escape from their busy lives for an hour or two. With nearly a quarter of the population now accessing public WiFi services every week people expect reliable WiFi access wherever they go. Enabling RUSH’s customers to catch up with friends on Facebook or Twitter, watch their favourite video clips or even find a new look online will only make the experience more enjoyable.”
The deal with RUSH Hair and The Cloud, a BSkyB company, adds to The Cloud’s large network of more than 10,000 hotspots around the UK. An estimated 4m people every day pass through The Cloud network by visiting one of its partners, including major outlets like Mamas & Papas, Ted Baker, PizzaExpress, Caffè Nero, Eat, Pret A Manger, Greggs and Wagamama, as well as First Great Western and Network Rail stations.
About The Cloud
• The Cloud (www.thecloud.net) builds and operates Wi-Fi networks across the UK and Europe to provide the mobile media experience that consumers want. The service delivers simple, fast, reliable and cost effective broadband to millions of Wi-Fi enabled smartphones, laptops and entertainment devices. The Cloud has exclusive commercial partnerships with retail, leisure, hotels, sports, transport, and entertainment and content partners to deliver its longer-term vision of a connected society.
• The Cloud connects almost a million devices to its Wi-Fi network each month, including Nintendo 3DS users and at locations such as the Emirates Stadium, Silverstone Race Track, the City of London, Wetherspoon, PizzaExpress, Pret A Manger, Caffe Nero, Eat, pubs, leisure facilities, restaurants and mainline stations.
• The Cloud is a BSkyB Company.
• In April, BSkyB announced that Sky Broadband customers can now quickly and easily access free, unlimited and high-speed WiFi at thousands of public places across the UK through new Sky “WiFi Hotspots from The Cloud”. The service is available at no extra charge to all Sky Broadband Unlimited, Sky Fibre Unlimited and Sky Connect customers, who are eligible to take unlimited broadband with them whilst out and about through seamless access to The Cloud’s network of hotspots. A free “Sky Cloud WiFi” is available for iOS and Android devices and, once downloaded and registered, will allow people to automatically connect their smartphone or tablet to the internet without having to log-in ever again.
Press contact details:
020 7861 1627
About RUSH Hair
• Sunday Times Best Place to Work 2011
• British Hairdressing Business Awards
• Training Award 2011
• British Hairdressing Awards
• Newcomer of the Year 2011
• Artistic Team of the Year 2010
• Southern Hairdresser of the Year 2010
• Schwarzkopf Professional British Colour Technician of the Year 2009
• PASSION QUALITY CREATIVITY PROFESSIONALISM